Pre-Register for Jewniversity
Anticipated dates Thursday, September 9 – Friday, September 11, 2020
Looking for a unique opportunity to get connected to life at Drexel before the rush of classes begin? Want to build relationships with new and returning students? Interested in learning about Jewish life at Drexel? JEWNIVERSITY IS FOR YOU!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, details and programming are subject to change as federal guidelines evolve. For the most up to date information, visit the Drexel University Coronavirus Website. But know we’re working on planning a safe, fun program and we’ll share more information when it’s available.
This program is a great way for incoming students to meet upperclassman and other incoming students before the academic year begins. It is an opportunity to get involved in community service projects, learn about Jewish life on campus, and more!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, details and programming are subject to change as federal guidelines evolve. In past years, we’ve offered opportunities to explore campus, visit Old City, and have a rich Shabbat experience. We’ve also pivoted the entire experience to online with a box full of swag sent to everyone’s home, Zoom activities, and more! We’re prepared to make sure your Jewn experience is the best it can be!
Once registration is live, you can mail your program fee as a check, payable to Drexel Hillel to: Drexel Hillel 118 N 34th St, Philadelphia PA 19104. For payment questions or arrange for financial assistance, please contact Rabbi Isabel.
Saturday, September 11 – Sunday, September 19, 2021
- Volunteering with the Jewish Relief Agency- Sunday, September 15th 9AM-12PM, meet at the Perelman Center for Jewish Life (limited to the first 40 people)
- Perelman Carnival- Monday, September 16th 4-6PM, Perelman Center Terrance
- DIY Fest- Wednesday, September 18th 11AM-1PM, Van R Ballroom
- Challah Dough Making- Thursday, September 19th 11AM, Perelman Center Basement
- Challah Braiding- Friday, September 20th 2PM, Perelman Center Basement
- Shabbat Services (Conversations, Reform, Conservative, Orthodox)- Friday, September 20th 6PM, Perelman Center 3rd Floor rooms
- Shabbat Dinner- Friday, September 20th 7PM, Perelman Center 1st Floor Dining Room
- SMASH- Saturday, September 21st, Perelman Center
- S’mores & Havdalah- Saturday, September 21st 8PM, Race Lawn
During Welcome Week 202, we offered a range of activities- online! We taught how to make challah dough, hosting a Zoom game night, designed stickers together, and more. We’re working constantly with the University to offer fun, safe Welcome Week events this year!
PLEASE NOTE: This year, Yom Kippur is Thursday, September 16th during Welcome Week and Hillel will provide programming and services during this time!
First Year Council
When the academic year begins, it’s time for you to plan programs & events for yourself & your first year friends!
- Ice Skating at Blue Cross River Rink
- Mishloach Manot/Finals Care Packages
- Open Mic Night @ the Perelman Center
- Trip to the Zoo
- … and MORE!
Kosher Freshman Living Community
We are happy to arrange a suite with a Kosher kitchen for our Shomer Kashrut first-year students in Van Rensselaer Hall (located at Powelton and 33rd within the University City eruv). Based on the number of interested students 1-4 suites will have their kitchens kashered. All interested students must complete their housing forms with the University by May 15th and complete the application form below by June 1.
Questions? Contact Rabbi Isabel de Koninck, Executive Director and Campus Rabbi.